At 3:30 this afternoon 293 birds were on their way to the 350 mile release point in Battle Mtn, Nevada. By 7:30 Tim our liberator called and was just leaving the 125 mile airlines.
Our planned release is 7:30 PDT. Forecasts predict 29 degrees, sunny, 2 mph SE. at release. Along the course sunny, variable winds 3-6 mph, and 74 degrees at arrival. Come on down for lunch at 1PM and spend some time swappin lies. Birds should arrive sometime after 2:00 PDT. Best of luck tomorrow!!!
Our final race is scheduled for Monday October 16th from Battle Mountain, Nevada 350 miles. Sunday evening there will be a hosted meal at Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant around 6:30 pm. Monday at the loft turkey and lamb with the trimmings will be served at 1:00pm. Birds should arrive some time between 2 and 3. Give me a shout if you will be coming.
Several motels are in town. Econolodge Inn & Suites is adjacent to Mazatlan.
The 350 mi our final race I am trying to schedule at this time. Monday, Oct 16 appears to be the best day for a while as rain and winds are predicted later in the week. Will keep you posted.
The birds were released under mostly sunny skies at 7:30 PDT temperature 30 and calm. Along the course there will be variable winds 3-5 mph. Hope to see birds home by 1:30 this afternoon. Come join us for Taco Salad.
347 birds are on their way to Winnemucca , Nevada which is the 309 mile release point. I talked to Tim about 9PM and he was half way there expecting to arrive around 12:30AM. Our planned release time is 7:15 PDT but I'll give you updated information in the morning.
The birds were still not very eager to loft fly yesterday so this morning I only took them 20 miles. Sure enough I didn't start the the clock and so what you saw this afternoon was their loft flying. And they did fly and will have afternoon flying tomorrow.
Congratulations to the First Drop winners Gordon Meng, Lynn Purcell, & Danny Lum, and all the other prize winners. Currently I'm still watching the weather for our 300 mile race hopefully Thursday. Have a great week!!!
488 birds were scanned in and on their way to McDermitt,NV at 4:15 this afternoon. Tim my liberator phoned at 8:20 and was leaving the half way point. I will send an update of the release.
536 birds were released this morning at the 206 mi release site at Burn Junction, OR. (Now only a wide spot in the road where highways join). We held an extra 15 min until 7:30 PDT as conditions were mostly cloudy, slight wind from the NNE, and temperature near 40 degrees. We should see birds arrive about 12:00 PDT.
There has been a big change in the weather and air quality this week. FOR THE BETTER!!!!! High winds and rain storms have definately gotten rid of the smoke. Our mountains to the west where most of the wilderness fires are burning without any suppression measures even are receiving some measurable snow last night and today, and day time temperatures are in the 60's.
We will be boxing birds Thursday for our 200 mile race to be released Friday from Burns Jct, Or.
The 604 birds were on their way at 5PM to the release point and they should arrive there by~10PM.