News and Updates
Feb-19-2017

WE CRATED THE BIRDS EARLY THIS MORNING. WE WENT TO THE 42 MILE STATION AND COULD NOT RELEASE, DUE TO LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS. WE BROUGHT THE BIRDS BACK TO THE 20 MILE STATION AND RELEASED 2 CRATES AT A TIME. THE WEATHER FORECAST IS SHOWERS MONDAY TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY. I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO GET IN A FEW SHORT TOSSES 40-65 MILES EARLY THIS WEEK BUT IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE MOTHER NATURE IS GOING TO LET US. WE WILL TRY TO GO 120 MILES ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY.

WE WILL SEND OUT RACE INFORMATION AND ENTRY FORMS THIS WEEK. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU DONT RECEIVE IT. 

THE LATE HATCH CREW

Feb-14-2017
INJURY REPORT

I CHECKED OUT THE LATE AND INJURED BIRDS THIS MORNING. HERE IS A LIST OF INJUERED BIRDS.

JEDDS 1616  (keel)

COM 6594  (keel)

VIP 495 (keel)

VIP 500 (keel)

IEIC 687 (leg)

OCC 1913 (leg)

THESE BIRDS WILL NOT GO ON TOMORROW'S TRAINING TOSS. 

WE HAVE TWO BIRDS THAT WILL NOT MAKE THE RACE BECAUSE OF INJURIES, THEY ARE:

JEDDS 28614 

GUO 16161

I PUT THESE TWO BIRDS IN A SEPERATE PEN AND I WILL SAVE THEM FOR THE BREEDER'S.

THANK YOU,

THE LATE HATCH CREW.

Feb-13-2017

IT APPEARS THE BIRDS WERE HIT BY FALCONS TODAY. WE HAVE QUITE A FEW INJURED BIRDS. I  HAVE BEEN PUTTING THE INJURED BIRDS IN A SEPERATE SECTION AS THEY COME HOME. WE HAVE 3 BROKEN LEGS , 1 BIRD WITH A STICK IN ITS LEG, THAT HAS BEEN REMOVED AND MULTIPLE BIRDS WITH SCRAPED KEELS. I WILL CHECK OUT ALL THE INJURIES AND LATE BIRDS IN THE MORNING AND GIVE AN UPDATE. THE MAJORITY OF THE BIRDS LOOK GREAT. I WISH I KNEW WHAT HAPPENED. GOING OVER THE PASS SEEMS TO ALWAYS BE A CHALLENGE. WE WILL LOFT FLY IN THE MORNING AND GO 85 MILES ON WEDNESDAY. RAIN IS EXPECTED THURSDAY THROUGH MONDAY.

THE LATE HATCH CREW

Feb-11-2017

IT HAS BEEN A CHALLENGING THIS YEAR WITH OUR WEATHER TO GET THE BIRDS TRAINED PROPERLY. IT IS RAINING AGAIN TODAY. THE FORECAST IS WINDY TOMORROW AND THEN A FEW NICE DAYS THE FIRST PART OF THE WEEK. THE NEXT GOOD DAY WE WILL GO OVER THE PASS TO 65 MILES. THE 1ST TIME OVER THE PASS CAN BE CHALLENGING FOR THE BIRDS. WE HAVE PLENTY OF TOSSES ON THE BIRDS. WE JUST NEED SOME DECENT WEATHER TO GET THEM OUT FARTHER.

THE LATE HATCH CREW

Feb-04-2017

WE WENT 50 MILES TODAY AND HAD TO BRING THEM BACK TO 25 MILES BECAUASE OF LOW CLOUDS AND FOG. THE FORECAST IS FOR LOW CLOUDS AGAIN TOMORROR AND RAIN ON MONDAY AND TUESDAY. WE WILL KEEP GETTING TRAINING IN WHEN THE WEATHER ALLOWS US TOO.

Jan-27-2017

VERY STRONG WINDS TODAY AND TOMORROW. WE WILL TRY TO TRAIN ON SUNDAY IF THE WINDS LET UP.

Jan-21-2017

WE HAND CHECKED ALL CHIPS TODAY AND THEN LOFT FLEW THE BIRDS. THE BIRDS HANDLED VERY NICE AND FLEW FOR A HOUR. WE ARE EXPECTING RAIN FORTHE NEXT THREE DAYS. WE WILL BE BACK ON THE ROAD WHEN THE WEATHER CLEARS. WE WERE ABLE TO CHANGE THE DATES WITH THE HALL THAT WE SHIP FROM AND THE CATERERS. THE NEW RACE WEEKEND WILL BE MARCH 11TH AND 12TH.

Jan-19-2017
TRAINING AND RACE DAY CHANGES

WE WILL HAVE RAIN FOR THE NEXT FIVE DAYS. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TRAIN. WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE RACE DAY. WITH ALL THE RAIN, AND MORE FORECASTED, WE CANNOT GET THE BIRDS TRAINED PROPERLY. WE ARE CONSIDERING THE WEEKEND OF MARCH 11TH AND 12TH. WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING THE HALL FOR SHIPPING AND CATERING CHANGED TO THOSE DATES. WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED AND LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS WE LOCK THE DATES IN.

Jan-17-2017

TOUGH TRAINING YESTERDAY. ITS A NICE DAY TODAY WE SHOULD GET MORE BIRDS. THE WEATHER HAS NOT BEEN GOOD AND WE HAVE 6 DAYS OF RAIN FORECASTED STARTING WEDNESDAY. WE ARE CONSIDERING CHANGING THE RACE DAY .WE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

Jan-13-2017

RAIN AGAIN TODAY WILL TRAIN TOMORROW.

[1]2 Next »