News and Updates
Oct-19-2017
RACE 3 RESULTS

Congratulations to the Big 10 - 1st Drop Winners today!

I was still driving when I received a call that we had 10 on the drop.  I was surprised at how fast they came and thought to myself what an easy race we will have.  Not as fast/easy as I thought...after we reached 300 they started to trickle in.  Many birds have been coming from the East today.  I am very disappointed in todays returns  based on how the birds handled and looked during basketing last night.  It turned out to be a perfect day for a race weather wise.  Hopefully we see many birds return tomorrow.  

Take Care,

Jim

Oct-19-2017
BIRDS RELEASED FOR RACE 3

Birds were released for Race 3 at 7:30 am.  Clear skies at release with a SW wind of 3 mph. 

 

Good Luck Everyone,

 

Jim

Oct-18-2017
RACE 3 - 250 MILES

Birds were basketed for tomorrows 250 Mile Race. Weather calls for a 6 mph SW wind at the release and a 5 mph NW wind at home.
I will be driving the birds so Kelly and Keith will be here to monitor the clock and prepare the loft. If you are coming to watch the race please remember to stay behind the white fence. We don't want anyone spooking the birds.
We forgot to post the GPS information last week. Listed below is the information if you would like to track the birds. PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE USERNAME OR PASSWORD.

http://gps.brickhousesecurity.com/Login.aspx

Username: hoosierclassicrace@aol.com
Password: Pigeons123

Truck will leave between 11:30-12:00 tonight. This should give the birds around 2 hours to relax on the truck before release in the morning. We are planning to release the birds at 7:30 am.

Good Luck to everyone tomorrow,

Jim

Oct-17-2017
TRAINER 32 UPDATE

Birds are home but continue to fly around the loft.  Hopefully they start coming in here soon.  They must be feeling pretty good today.

Jim

Oct-15-2017
SUNDAY OCTOBER 15TH UPDATE

Birds had a great toss Friday and almost flew for 90 minutes yesterday morning.  Then all hell broke loose and it rained buckets!  We had over 3 inches of rain between yesterday and today.  We had hoped to race tomorrow however we will loft fly and get another trainer in on Tuesday.  The weather pattern seems to favor south west winds this fall so we will try to pick the calmest day possible.  We have watched some tough races over the last few days and wish the breeders and one loft managers the best of luck!  We fly many of these races ourselves. 
The K Factor has been brought up a lot this year and I think I am believing more and more in this.  Unfortunately if you do believe in it you will be scared to ever train your birds. 
Refund checks were mailed out Friday.  As far as next years race is concerned we will have the website updated in two weeks with all the exciting details.  As for now, we have two crucial races ahead of us and that's what we are focused on.
We will update on Wednesday again.

Have a great week,

Jim

Oct-13-2017
TRAINING UPDATE

We are training today.  We have heavy fog in the area so we are waiting for it to lift. 

Have a good day,

Jim

Oct-10-2017
TRAINING UPDATE

We have rain today and tomorrow.  If Thursday is good we will resume training, if not it will be Friday and Saturday.  We will train at least twice before the next race.  Weather permitting we will ship Monday for Tuesday race. 
Birds have been on Return Combo the last few days and look good.  They will be given Vita Pro Combo for a couple of days and as always all they want to eat in the evening.  For the longer races we add a energy mix to their feed two days before shipping. 
Needless to say we will not make our deadline for the final race of October 21st.  We have time and weather will always be the deciding factor.

Moving forward, please do not call requesting to transfer Option money from one bird to another.  This is against the rules and will not be permitted.

Have a good week,

Jim

Oct-09-2017
RACE 2 UPDATE

Birds were released yesterday into clear, calm skies.  The birds had a very light tail wind however about an hour before they were due home it turned into a pretty strong side wind.  We had several spectators here and they witnessed almost every bird coming from the North.

We did have 77 birds on the first drop so they will split the $5,000 prize.  We never anticipated that many birds on a drop.  We will take this into consideration for next years 200-250 mile race.  We will not change rules in the middle of a race series.  Birds are very healthy and we expect to see many returns today.  We did have heavy fog this morning in the area, so once this lifts we should see birds coming home.

Thanks,

Jim

Oct-07-2017
BIRDS BASKETED FOR RACE 2

Birds have been basketed for the 2nd Race.  We are hoping for a 7:00 am release time.  The weather tomorrow looks to be good. 

Good luck to everyone, we will update again tomorrow night.

Take Care,

Jim

Oct-04-2017
OCTOBER 4TH UPDATE

We had rain today and it is calling for rain for the next 3 days.  We are hoping to get the 200 mile race in on Sunday.  We have had several calls asking when the final race will be.  We are aiming for the weekend of October 21st & 22nd.  However weather will be the deciding factor.  As of now we are only focused on the next race. 

Take Care,

Jim

[1]2 3 4 5 6 Next »