News and Updates
May-22-2018
THIS AFTERNOON / INTERNET YES !!! 6 DAYS DOWN........

We are back in the game  !   just check weather on course....thunder storms abound at crescent beach thru the end of this month.   Even if we had wanted to race earlier,  the weather would not have given us that chance.   The birds are fine....no worries about falling out of condition, or this or that.   they are on early morning release during this nutty weather when its cool, and are locked out.   When we see the chance toi commence training.....we will post those results.   when we see the first chance of race weather from Crescent beach to Crestview......we will go. 

Between now and then we will train the birds and keep you updated.

 

 

 

May-22-2018
HERE WE ARE

Still no internet.  Att says cable was cut

So outage is widespread.  Using my phone is not good for this.

 Weather is bad on course till end of may.

Crzy......will keep birds in shape...do not worry.

Will post training when att is up. Call if u need any assurances.

 

May-22-2018
HERE WE ARE

Still no internet.  Att says cable was cut

So outage is widespread.  Using my phone is not good for this.

 Weather is bad on course till end of may.

Crzy......will keep birds in shape...do not worry.

Will post training when att is up. Call if u need any assurances.

 

May-20-2018
INTERNET

Please be patient

My internet down  last 4 days.

Att working on it.😕

May-16-2018
IN THE WTF CATEGORY.............

ANOTHER STRANGE ONE.   A BIRD THAT HAD CLOCKED IN AT THE 300 ON THE 2ND DAY.   GOES OUT FOR LOFT FLY INVENTORY ON THE 13TH., WITH THE FLOCK.

THIS EVENING AFTER FEEDING AND LOCKING THINGS DOWN DUE TO RAIN, BOOM THERE IS A BLUEWHITE FLIGHT ON THE BOARD......OK, MUST BE A RACE BIRD COMING VERY LATE FROM THE 300.    BIRD TRAPS IN, LOOKING LIKE IT FLEW 150 MILES.  LOOK AT THE BAND AND ITS THE BIRD THAT WENT OUT ON THE 13TH TO LOFT FLY, DISAPPEARED AND CAME BACK THIS EVENING....!!  

THATS ONE FOR THE BOOKS.  SHES IN SOLITARY WITH LIGHTS, FEED AND WATER FOR TWO DAYS THEN BACK TO THE LOFT.  GO FIGURE?

WE DID GET A ''B'' BIRD ENTRY BACK TODAY THOUGH.........WHAT GUTS.  HE LOOKS FINE BUT SIX DAYS AFTER THE RACE, IN THIS CRAZY WEATHER.   HE ALSO IS IN SOLITARY WITH LIGHTS AND COMFORT, FEED/WATER.

THIS YEAR HAS BEEN VERY DIFFERENT.   THE BIRDS HAVE HAD LOTS OF TIME ON THE WING..   WE WANT THE BIRDS TO BE RECOVERED AND READY BEFORE WE BEGIN ANY INITIAL ROADWORK AGAIN.   WITH ONLY 55 BIRDS IN THE RACE FOR THE MONEY.......LETS GO THE EXTRA MILE AND INSURE THOSE BIRDS WHO HAD TO ENDURE DAYS BEING OUT, HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE.   THOSE EARLY BIRDS WONT BE HURT BY THE PROGRAM.   THEY CLEARLY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE IF WE WERE TO BEGIN ANY KIND OF TRAINING.    NOT EVERYONE WILL AGREE WITH THIS PLAN FOR SURE...........BUT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS NOT A RACE IF 2/3RDS OF THE BIRDS ARE HANDICAPPED.......Wink

May-16-2018
REALLY?

Greetings Breeders;

super humid today....cloudy, chance of rain.   Just checked weather again so I can give you an Idea of

whats happening with this final race.    Now it shows rain/thunder thru the 25th from anywhere near

release point and points coming back.   Yes thats right the 25th before I see any break in this low pressure front.

Meanwhile on the home front......its all I can do is loft fly.   Tosses in preparation of the final are

going to have to be done cartefully.    We want to get them coming again, then go 2hrs. in the air 

prior to the 350.    Whether mother nature cooperates is another story.   but I know no one wants to lose a player on a toss

knocking it out of the potential prize money.   so we move diligently....

Hey, I can wait,  continue the routine.....I am not going anywhere....so once again you folks have to play the patience game and hang in there.   

more updates moving forward !!

May-14-2018
YES OF COURSE WE ARE........

* question came up if we were going to go long prior to the 350.............

   with thunderstorms daily back east in the forecast, we know we cant have the race

   very soon.   Besides,  these birds that came late are on the 'mend'.   Our plan is to

  give them open loft in the mornings early before the heat.   we will then work into a

90 mile toss before we send them off to the 350.   

 

 * We have two birds in sick bay......one with leg bruise and the other one with a

    chest bruise.   Whether they are ready in time or not is to be seen.

 Smile enjoy your week !!

 

 

May-12-2018

Breeders;

weather for the east coast does not look good until after the 21st.   Its ok, birds get rested, they will

be ok with 3 weeks rest.   Of course we will see what the weather brings and try to get them up on a 

day thats forecasted to be cooler .   Meanwhile, looks like 53 is the total at this point with some pretty

gutsy returns from those last few birds.....    we will provide an updated inventory soon.   We are not

rushing to finish the season.........since we will not be taking birds this year for spring.   We have one

minor leg trauma on a returnee, but he should be ready easily by the time we ship the final race.

May-10-2018
NOT CONVINCED..................................

Not gonna harp on this after this blurb.   Not convinced heat index the last 100 miles (85 degrees) kept this many super pigeons from returning.  no way.  At best, the majority of the birds would have returned by yesterday evening .....  if it was in fact just heat related.   Someone asked about the feed before the race.  Everyone knows in heat, you stay away from corn.  The team got  safflower in the morning of shipping...removed by noon.....  Fresh water only.   By 6pm I could see the waters were down indicating everyone got their share of  hydration prior to departing....(just like normal)   I tell you that I am also a self proclaimed expert on C/O (carbon monoxide) prevention.    I practice it religously when handling/transporting the birds.    The truck engine does NOT even run if I am at a stoplight in town headed to the interestate.   The main reason I haul the birds myself, and have for years is becuase I always make sure precautions are taken regarding the above and the birds arrive at release point PLENTY EARLY TO recover from the road trip and download their orientation while resting.  

Moving forward.......the payout is listed, click on it on the front page.    We wont even talk about the final race at this point (date).

Just going to nurture these returned birds and giving them the vital rest they need.   We will keep the clock "on", reporting all returned birds in real time.    For you breeders that have no returns or out many members of your team........I feel it with you.

 

 

May-08-2018
COULD THIS BE PART OF THE REASON??????????????

www.spaceweather.com

To make a race this difficult on a day that should have had at least 50% of the birds home

in a reasonable time,  one has to wonder about outside forces.   The geomagnetic storm 

has continued.   it would be interesting to see what has taken place in other venues today.

Training tosses, races....etec.     I knew this was coming but I was in denial........We are

having more and more anomolies, strange happenings.......what would you breeders

think if I called the race off due to this spaceweather report??    Be honest.   We all need

to decide if we are going to nail it or deny it......Please do not hesitate to read the report

and decide if we should all be aware of it and act on it beforehand....

* last year I was in a race that had a ''smash'' just like this from their 200.   I was really

not a happy camper thinking there were signs, indicators, that this type of return pattern can be caused amongst other things, CO poisoning....(auto/truck fumes).   I questioned the management about any changes in transport....there were none.   It was a nice day for a race.......   In retrospect,  I now can see clearer that indeed there are ongoing forces in the weather and geomagnetic functions that are reaping havoc for us.   

Truthfully, if anyone this morning while I was watering and watching the birds prior to release would have told me this result was to take place?  I would never have believed it.

I knew this was going to be difficult for big numbers due to heat........but not to this degree.    That said, I dont look for excuses...but instead have to really examine what takes place when these types of results happen.   If this were a brand new race and I was green as a handler, If i did not have the experience of years i the sport.......then I could see that there could be issues............But it just pains me to see these birds in their condition

have to meet up with hurdles like this one today that completely takes the wind out of their sails.    Heat or no heat.........they had everything they needed to make it home, maybe not in fantastic speeds, but to be here by the end of the day........thats alarming.

So it is, that I will have to ''own'' the fact that I was aware of these possible solar storms 

coming......oh yeah.......but since its not our common everyday subject for pigeon talk,  to act on it or not.......I will from this forward be sure to act on it when I am aware of the chances for 'solar wind' geomagnetic disruption.     Hoping we get better returns in the morning...

[1]2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »