News and Updates
Oct-15-2017
SUNDAY OCTOBER 15TH UPDATE

Birds had a great toss Friday and almost flew for 90 minutes yesterday morning.  Then all hell broke loose and it rained buckets!  We had over 3 inches of rain between yesterday and today.  We had hoped to race tomorrow however we will loft fly and get another trainer in on Tuesday.  The weather pattern seems to favor south west winds this fall so we will try to pick the calmest day possible.  We have watched some tough races over the last few days and wish the breeders and one loft managers the best of luck!  We fly many of these races ourselves. 
The K Factor has been brought up a lot this year and I think I am believing more and more in this.  Unfortunately if you do believe in it you will be scared to ever train your birds. 
Refund checks were mailed out Friday.  As far as next years race is concerned we will have the website updated in two weeks with all the exciting details.  As for now, we have two crucial races ahead of us and that's what we are focused on.
We will update on Wednesday again.

Have a great week,

Jim

Oct-13-2017
TRAINING UPDATE

We are training today.  We have heavy fog in the area so we are waiting for it to lift. 

Have a good day,

Jim

Oct-10-2017
TRAINING UPDATE

We have rain today and tomorrow.  If Thursday is good we will resume training, if not it will be Friday and Saturday.  We will train at least twice before the next race.  Weather permitting we will ship Monday for Tuesday race. 
Birds have been on Return Combo the last few days and look good.  They will be given Vita Pro Combo for a couple of days and as always all they want to eat in the evening.  For the longer races we add a energy mix to their feed two days before shipping. 
Needless to say we will not make our deadline for the final race of October 21st.  We have time and weather will always be the deciding factor.

Moving forward, please do not call requesting to transfer Option money from one bird to another.  This is against the rules and will not be permitted.

Have a good week,

Jim

Oct-09-2017
RACE 2 UPDATE

Birds were released yesterday into clear, calm skies.  The birds had a very light tail wind however about an hour before they were due home it turned into a pretty strong side wind.  We had several spectators here and they witnessed almost every bird coming from the North.

We did have 77 birds on the first drop so they will split the $5,000 prize.  We never anticipated that many birds on a drop.  We will take this into consideration for next years 200-250 mile race.  We will not change rules in the middle of a race series.  Birds are very healthy and we expect to see many returns today.  We did have heavy fog this morning in the area, so once this lifts we should see birds coming home.

Thanks,

Jim

Oct-07-2017
BIRDS BASKETED FOR RACE 2

Birds have been basketed for the 2nd Race.  We are hoping for a 7:00 am release time.  The weather tomorrow looks to be good. 

Good luck to everyone, we will update again tomorrow night.

Take Care,

Jim

Oct-04-2017
OCTOBER 4TH UPDATE

We had rain today and it is calling for rain for the next 3 days.  We are hoping to get the 200 mile race in on Sunday.  We have had several calls asking when the final race will be.  We are aiming for the weekend of October 21st & 22nd.  However weather will be the deciding factor.  As of now we are only focused on the next race. 

Take Care,

Jim

Oct-03-2017
WE WILL BE GOING 55 MILES TOMORROW MORNING TRAINING. WEATHER IS STILL AN ISSUE AS WE ARE WATCHING I

We will be going 55 miles tomorrow morning training.  Weather is still an issue as we are watching it daily.  We will need to get the birds up as early as possible tomorrow because they are calling for strong winds by 10:00-11:00 am.  We will be releasing 3 baskets at a time.

The 2017 Payouts Are Posted!!
Some changes were made as we added $3000 to the 250 mile race, increased 1st Place on the final race to $150,000, 3rd Place is now $20,000 for the final race, and we have added 35 more prizes at $2000 each for the final race. 
We think these are some impressive payouts.  Definitely the largest payout for a One Loft Race in the United States in 2017.  Speaking of payouts..if Sam Bacino calls me one more time asking me to increase prizes on the 200 mile race he will be put on Hoosier Classic Probation!  LOL

We do have 6 birds that are for sale:
ANTH 44
ANTH 85
ANTH 119
HRPC 588
HRPC 589
HRPC 1159

If you are interested you will need to contact Kelly on Tuesday at 219-733-0011.  These will need to be paid by credit card.

Also, The Hoosier High Roller Option totals are as follows:
Option 1 - $23,100
Option 2 - $23,700

Lets hope for some good weather to get things going!

Have a good week,

Oct-01-2017
OCTOBER 1ST UPDATE

We will not be racing over the next couple days.  The winds are calling for 10-20 mph tailwind.  Extreme winds Monday Tuesday and thunderstorms mid week.  We do not want to throw birds away on any race!  We have never been a race to stick to a schedule, weather is always the deciding factor.  Please do not think anything is wrong with the birds.  They are what we would call "peaking", just as in horses or dogs.  When they are race ready they will show you!  As you walk past the loft it sounds like a bee hive with all the activity going on.  Training has become tricky as well with the winds.  We will watch closely to see if we get another trainer. 
We had a couple of checks come back for different reasons.  We will post payouts tomorrow after we get in contact with these breeders.  We will update daily about the weather.  Again we are not looking for a fast, easy race but rather a fair working race that will get the birds home. 

Thanks,

Jim

Sep-28-2017
SEPT 28TH UPDATE

We were very surprised at the speeds the birds made during Tuesdays race.  It was not calling for that strong of a tail wind.  Once we realized the speeds we knew we would have an overfly.  That is exactly what happened as birds were returning from the north.  As of today we have over 1200 birds returned.  We will resume training on Friday or Saturday.  The plan is to race early next week however Monday shows 12-20 mph South winds.  We don't want a blow home so we will be watching the weather. 

We will post the new payouts by Saturday.  We are waiting for a few checks to clear.  


Take Care,

Jim

Sep-26-2017
BIRDS ARE UP FOR RACE 1

Birds were released at 7:00 am from Arcola IL. 
We have some corrections to make this morning on options and will get that done shortly.  Our house is quiet as a church this morning as everyone is very tired.  Nothing a few cups of coffee can't fix.  Back to work we go!

Good luck and lets hope for good returns

Jim

« Previous 1 2 [3]4 5 6 7 8 Next »